Ductwork and Hot/Cold Spots in Your Home
Some homes have ductwork that does not evenly distribute the air throughout a home. Many do, in fact. This is common in homes that had additions built onto them and the duct was simply extended into the new square footage. You also see it happen when an HVAC contractor doesn’t understand static pressure and the science of properly distributing conditioned air.
At Reliant, we’re experts in how conditioned air flows throughout ducts and a home and we believe that your whole home should enjoy the benefits of your air system.
If you have cold or hot spots in your home, areas that aren’t properly reached by your air systems, we can help.
- Reliant comes to your home to you and gets your personal take on where in your home is comfortable, and where it isn’t. You can direct us to the hot and cold spots that are troubling you.
- We then take duct measurements and see where you have sufficient supply and return air capacity to match your furnace, and where needs work.
- Where the existing duct is not or cannot be properly balanced for the heating and cooling load, or when homeowners want more temperature control for a given area of the home, we can install zoning. Zoning allows one system to be installed with multiple thermostats, making it so each zone can be controlled separately.
- Under extreme conditions, sometimes the best answer is to replace some or all of the ductwork.
- If it makes sense for your unique situation, our advisor can recommend a multi-stage system with a variable speed blower motor. Like a ceiling fan, this keeps the conditioned air moving passively throughout your home even when the thermostat is satisfied, improving balance and comfort.
The best time to ensure air balance throughout the home is when the home is being built. The second-best time is now. Reliant has the experience, skills, and knowledge to deliver the balanced comfort you should expect from your home heating and cooling system.
Join the Reliant Mechanical Comfort Club!
For just $15 per month, club members receive 20% discounts on all repairs, 10% discounts on replacements and accessories, and a 24-hour response commitment.
Comfort club members enjoy the savings of properly maintained equipment, the peace of mind of a protected home, and the convenience of priority scheduling.
SCHEDULE A FREE IN-HOME ESTIMATE
Set up an appointment for a free in-home estimate by contacting us today.
- A certified expert advisor will come to your home and complete a personal assessment on your home’s needs. There is no obligation, and the assessment is free of charge!
- The advisor will inspect your current equipment and ask you about what your home goals, so they can better understand your project and make more helpful recommendations.
- Based on the inspections and your desired outcome, the advisor will recommend a specific heating solution that will best improve your comfort and maximize cost efficiency. To help your decision-making process, they will also provide both fixed-price and payment plan quotes, so you can choose the solutions that will best suit your needs if you decide to proceed.
After your initial in-home estimate, you can set up an appointment to have your equipment installed. At Reliant, we offer convenient next-day installation. Depending on the scope of work and type of equipment being installed, the installation process will take about 1 to 2 days.
We assure top quality service; our technicians are both licensed and certified and installations follow manufacturer and regulation standards.
After your initial installation, we perform a post-installation check to ensure all components are installed correctly and are in good working condition. Once the post-installation check is complete, your technician will provide a thorough walk-through of your new system to ensure a smooth transition.
POST INSTALLATION FOLLOW-UP
Customer satisfaction is our top priority. At Reliant Mechanical, we truly care about our customers’ experiences and want to ensure that every customer has a positive journey with us. After your installation, a representative will contact you to ensure your expectations for your installation were met and learn how we can make it right if they weren’t.
MAINTENANCE AND PROTECTION
During your follow-up call, a Reliant representative will guide you through maintenance and protection plans necessary to keep your equipment in good condition. At Reliant Mechanical, we care about our clients even after the installation, and want to make sure your equipment works well and is saving you money well into the future.